Saturday, March 7, 2009

The prodigal son returns...

Alright it's been a long while since I've posted. I had a huge post prepared, but can't find it, and things have changed since then so I'll just give cliff notes.

  • Ended 5NL at 21,329 hands for a profit of $261.57 at 12.26ptbb/100.
  • Played 8,346 hands of 10NL for a profit of $126.45 at 7.5ptbb/100.
  • Moved up to 25NL at $450 in the bankroll ($50 early).
  • Lost about $85 my first day at 25NL over 1,300 hands or so.
  • Won it all back the next 2 sessions.
  • Been up and down since, moving gradually up.

25NL has overall been going well. I'm currently 21,900 hands in and have made just over $300, but my winrate is only 2.81ptbb/100. I'd really like to see this improve, and my goal is to have it at 4. This is a small sample size, but I'm still slightly disappointed overall and am pushing myself to do better. I'm frequently doing sweats with some awesome players from 2p2 and I know I can beat 25NL, I just wish it was for more.

I've had some big problems with tilt at the tables and I'm definitely improving. I listened to a few podcasts about tilt and mindset and it has helped. I used to go Hellmuth after a single bad beat, but now it takes a few of them back to back to phase me. Losing coinflips is becoming easier, but I still hate it. The one major problem I'm grasping with right now is the fact that I hate everyone at 25NL. The players are so bad and so retarded that it makes me angry. noidea555 was sweating me the other day (he plays 100NL/50NL) and was like 'Dude, what the fuck is this?', and I said 'Yeah, this is 25NL dude. All day, every day'. He said he was going on tilt just watching me play. Why? Donk bets, flop raises that make no sense, etc. Unfortunately I have no choice but to deal with it, but it's very frustrating at the tables.

I'm hoping to start taking shots at 50NL by the end of the month when I'm around $1,000. This is of course assuming I hit $1,000 by the end of the month, but I think I should if I put in the hands. My goals for this month as posted in the goals thread:

  • Bring winrate at 25NL to a solid 4.5 ptbb/100 (3.9).
  • Bankroll at $1,200 (rolled for 50NL).
  • Shots at 50NL at good tables at $1,000.
  • Move to 50NL.
  • 25,000 hands.
  • lrn2pokerz even more.

My bankroll goal is lofty on purpose, because I'm hoping I can push myself to put in the volume to get there. I don't actually think $1,200 is doable given how little I play, but I hope to get close. mpethybridge (Stox coach/2p2 mod) also gave me some words of praise that I can't help but brag about: "I gotta agree with KurtSF on this--in a lot of ways yours is the most impressive performance posted in this thread. Well done, sir."

Encouragement from your peers is always nice! I'll finish this post off with 2 graphs for your viewing pleasure. I'll update this regularly from now on since it looks like someone might actually be reading it. I 8-9 tabled for a while at 25NL but have since dropped down to 6 to try and focus on refining my game to get ready for 50NL.

Lifetime Graph up to today's date: (Really easy to tell where I started 25NL)




Lifetime 25NL Graph up to today's date: (Was up to over $800, then downswinged)




Bankroll: $784.65

2 comments:

  1. Nice going is this 6 max or fr ,and which site do you play on? gl jus

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's full ring, I play on PokerStars.

    ReplyDelete