Monday, February 2, 2009

I like weekends

Hands Played: 2,303
Hours: 13.47
Amount Won: 62.84
BB/100: 27.29
Tables: 2-4

These stats include Friday (posted below). I love weekends! I played my first 1,000 hand session on Saturday (just over 5 hours, 1,130 hands). I was on the tables that long mostly due to the table talk. I somehow managed to start the session with quad Jacks and end up $11 only to somehow end the session up $1.28... woops. Aside from that Sunday and Friday were both very profitable. There weren't many noteworthy hands to post and not much else worth noting. I've started to open up my aggression pre-flop and am 3 betting when appropriate and starting to try and isolate the limpers and improve my game.

I plan to move up to NL10 very soon. I played literally one orbit at a table that started out a bit fishy, but went downhill so I just left. I'm not expecting too many troubles adjusting to the stack sizes as I tend to think in BB's when it comes to bet sizing. Stacking off should be easier, which may lead to more variance, but hopefully also more money.

I plan on doing a January review perhaps later tonight or sometime this week to look back at the month and maybe check some notable hands and my play on them. For February I'm looking to put in more volume and move up to NL10 and keep grinding the roll.

I also have some good ideas in mind for a large guide-type post and possibly accompanying video for 2p2. I think the hump of beating the limit for the micros can be a challenge for some. It was for me, as it took me a month and a half or more just to post a profit and start to beat the limit. I don't want to make it yet as I'm still pretty green, but I think I can write a guide and make a video that can have anyone beating NL2/5/10(?) after watching it. That's the goal, at least.

Oh yeah, I also changed the name of the blog... much better I think. If you're a fish and would like some free poker lessons, see this post in uNL February BBV. Seriously, don't limp AA in the micros. Ever. They all deserved it if you ask me.

Bankroll: $282.67

No comments:

Post a Comment