Sunday, January 25, 2009

Morning Session

Hands Played: 364
Hours: 1.20
Amount Won: $3.62
BB/100: 9.95
Tables: 5

Tables started out really fishy and it was going well. First hand I played in the session:

Hero (BTN): $10.00
BB: $7.26

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with Q Q
UTG raises to $0.10, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 1 fold, BB calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.25
Flop: ($1.07) 7 6 2
(3 players)
BB bets $6.91 all in, UTG folds, Hero calls $6.91
Turn: ($14.89) 2
(2 players - 1 is all in)
River: ($14.89) 9
(2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $14.89
Hero shows Q Q (two pair, Queens and Deuces)
BB shows 5 7 (two pair, Sevens and Deuces)
Hero wins $14.19


Gotta love it. Villain left immediately after as per usual. Aside from this hand and a few others not much excitement. I flopped a full house, 77 in the hole with AA7 flop. Four people were in the pot so I went for the slowplay hoping someone would hit something big, but they just kept betting little amounts. On the river the last guy left bet out and I re-raised a healthy amount and he only called. Of course, he had AQ and flopped trip aces, which means I should never have slowplayed in the first place, because we could have stacked off on the flop... sigh. Lesson learned.

Overall I played pretty poorly this morning. I overplayed JJ twice, which is never a good thing and cost me $3.40 vs. QQ. In the other hand I cbet the flop (Qxx), and it was checked to the river. But then I got fancy and fired $1.50 hoping he'd fold since he was a regular, so I know he's a thinking player. I sized the bet to look like a juicy value bet, unfortunately he snap called my bluff and showed his KQ. I also had a blind thief that I could not seem to take out. Every time it was folded around and he was in CO/Button he would raise .20 without fail. The first time I caught him with 44, but of course he had 65o and hit a 5 on the turn...

Overall it was a profitable session, but could have been much better. Without those two badly played JJ hands and fighting in the blinds I would have been up another $5. Oh well. At least I finally hit my second milestone...

Bankroll: $201.72

No comments:

Post a Comment